FRIENDSHIP

By: C-Tsah Diaries

The first day of our meeting do you recall?
It is in my mind clear as crystal
In full with no discount
What a priceless smile from you I first purchased
Oh how beautiful it glowed
Determine  was I to be part of that smile

Then the journey began
Up and down, muddy and dusty was the road
But as glue to stick together was our choice
On the way each other we wronged
Multitude of mistakes covered with nothing but our love
Through thick and thin we clang together

Now the testimony of our friendship is in this
All time I hear your name my head lifts up
In the time of my boredom
Knocking your door I found myself
When my world turned left
On your shoulder I leaned
When situations installed fear in me
Your embrace was the source of comfort
Cheers to the great bond of friendship

Recently good but separating news I have heard
That you are to travel across the world
My heart ached and skipped its QRS
The signature of our friendship
Like an ischemic tissue misses its oxygen
I profess how much I will miss your presence so often
But for now let’s choose to agglutinate together

You have fought a good fight
So eager you began with commitment
And with consistency now to get the reward of your knocks
With ‘bukao’ and ‘chongxiu’ you wrestled
Running on your knees you now receive your prize
Surely, for every labour there is a fruit to enjoy
Ambitiously you sow
In perseverance you did tally
Now the harvest is here

Never cease to believe in yourself
For that’s the secret of success
You can because you can
Let not others tell you otherwise

Just one more day of cherishing your presence
Is more precious than a decade of your absence
To some a friend, some a part of me
But just as a family I loved you
Stay close with a covalent bond

Indeed love we all need
But if there is no enough love
Good enough to satisfy the two of us
Then all mine to you wholeheartedly I will give
The essence of true friendship

CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2017



I dedicated this poem to my amazing friends who graduated from Beihua University in 2017. Paloma, Evalda, Jean, Robert, and all other graduates. Its been amazing knowing you and I believe that wherever you go, you will succeed. I thank Mr Kuleza John for his awesome support in my work and his help in this article.

For those who are new to chinese, bukao actually means supplement exams and chongxiu means repeating a course. These are some of the challenges we meet in Beihua University but the LORD is always there showering His blessings upon us.

Thanks~C-Tsah Diaries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog